Cowboys & Aliens is a 2011 film adaptation of the 2006 graphic novel of the same name.
1875. New Mexico Territory. A stranger with no memory of his past stumbles into the hard desert town of Absolution. The only hint to his history is a mysterious shackle that encircles one wrist. What he discovers is that the people of Absolution don't welcome strangers, and nobody makes a move on its streets unless ordered to do so by the iron-fisted Colonel Dolarhyde. It's a town that lives in fear.
But Absolution is about to experience fear it can scarcely comprehend as the desolate city is attacked by marauders from the sky. Screaming down with breathtaking velocity and blinding lights to abduct the helpless one by one, these monsters challenge everything the residents have ever known.
Now, the stranger they rejected is their only hope for salvation. As this gunslinger slowly starts to remember who he is and where he's been, he realizes he holds a secret that could give the town a fighting chance against the alien force. With the help of the elusive traveler Ella, he pulls together a posse comprised of former opponents-townsfolk, Dolarhyde and his boys, outlaws and Apache warriors-all in danger of annihilation. United against a common enemy, they will prepare for an epic showdown for survival.
- Daniel Craig as Jake Lonergan
- Harrison Ford as Col. Woodrow Dolarhyde
- Olivia Wilde as Ella
- Sam Rockwell as Doc
- Noah Ringer as Emmett
- Paul Dano as Percy
- Ana de la Reguera as Maria
- Clancy Brown as Meacham
- Keith Carradine as Sheriff Taggart
- David O'Hara as Pat Dolan
- Walton Goggins as Hunt
- Abigail Spencer as Alice
- Adam Beach as Nat Colorado
- Chris Browning as Jed Parker
- Raoul Trujillo as Black Knife
- Toby Huss as Roy Murphy
- Brendan Wayne as Deputy Lyle
- Buck Taylor as Wes Claiborne
- Julio Cedillo as Bronc
- Matthew Taylor as Luke Claiborne
- Kenny Call as Greavey
- Cooper Taylor as Mose Claiborne
- Troy Gilbert as Red
- Chad Randall as Bull McCade
- Director: Jon Favreau
- Executive producer: Steven Spielberg
- Screenplay: Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman and Damon Lindelof
- Music: Harry Gregson-Williams